Join one of the most successful ophthalmology practices in Hawaii. For over 30 years, our practice has provided comprehensive and surgical eye care to thousands of patients annually. We are currently seeking an energetic, friendly, and detail-oriented person to join our team. Primary duties include greeting patients and the public, checking patients in and out, verifying patient insurance and demographics, collecting copays, scheduling follow up appointments, and the ability to handle a high volume of phone calls. Individual must have strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal skills. Must be reliable, punctual, multi-tasker, detail oriented and be able to interact professionally with our mostly elderly population. Medical office experience preferred.
- Greeting patients/visitors upon check-in/registration.
- Review and verify patient demographic and insurance information
- Obtain referrals and authorizations
- Scheduling patient follow up appointments
- Collecting copay and past patient balances
- Ensure patient satisfaction
- Answering telephone calls promptly in a high volume environment
- Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
This position requires a high school diploma (or GED or high school equivalence certificate)
Medical office experience is preferred
- Service Orientation -- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships -- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Dependability -- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Integrity -- Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail -- Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Oral Expression -- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension -- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Speech Clarity -- The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Speaking -- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Getting Information -- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
Employment Type: Full Time