Join one of the most successful ophthalmology practices in Hawaii. For over 30 years, the Cataract and Vision Center of Hawaii (CVCH) has provided comprehensive, refractive, and surgical eye care to thousands of patients every year!
We are currently seeking an energetic, friendly, and detail-oriented person to join our team as an Ophthalmic Technician
Primary duties include assisting the ophthalmologist by performing ophthalmic clinical functions such as patient workups, detailed medical history taking, diagnostic testing and assisting with minor procedures. Individual must have strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal skills.
Must be reliable, punctual, multi-tasker, detail oriented and be able to interact professionally with our mostly elderly population. Medical office experience is preferred. We provide additional on the job training so can join our growing organization as an Ophthalmic Technician.
- Measure visual acuity, including near, distance, pinhole, or dynamic visual acuity, using appropriate tests.
- Obtain and record concisely and accurately a medical history, past ocular history, family history, social history, chief complaint, history of present illness, allergies, and a review of medications
- Administer topical ophthalmic or oral medications.
- Conduct ocular motility tests to measure function of eye muscles.
- Conduct visual field tests to measure field of vision.
- Measure and record lens power, using lensometers.
- Clean or sterilize ophthalmic or surgical instruments.
- Call patients to inquire about their post-operative status or recovery.
- Assist physicians in performing ophthalmic minor procedures.
- Maintain ophthalmic instruments or equipment.
- Measure intraocular pressure
- Assist patients to insert or remove contact lenses.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma (or GED or high school equivalence certificate)
· 1-2 years of previous experience.
- General Medical Knowledge including understanding of basic anatomy and physiology, systemic disease, ocular disease, ocular emergencies
- Demonstrates quality patient service during interactions with patients, co-workers, and vendors.
- Exhibits a positive attitude and is flexible in accepting work assignments and priorities
- Meets attendance, tardiness expectations
- Dependable and follows policies and procedures
- Computer skills and EMR experience is preferred
- Maintains professionalism in interactions with patients and coworkers
- Performs quality and consistently exhibits initiative
- Adopts and displays CVCH mission and core values in all aspects of their work
Thank you for choosing the Cataract and Vision Center of Hawaii!
· Competitive Wages
· Paid Time Off
· Medical and Dental Insurance
· Furthering Education
- Assisting and Caring for Others.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships --
- Developing and Building Teams
- Friendly Cooperation
- Oral Comprehension
- Oral Expression
- Speech Clarity
- Active Listening
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Problem Sensitivity
- Getting Information
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
Employment Type: Full Time