The Teacher Assistant works with and under the direction of a classroom teacher to provide assistance in the implementation of the instructional program.
1. Provides assistance for the instructional program including:
a. Lesson implementation
b. Classroom preparation
c. Clerical help
2. Assists in the supervision of students and must maintain an environment of safety and security.
1. Must have a basic understanding and acceptance of Catholic School philosophy, goals and objectives
2. Must have a basic understanding of child development and skills necessary to relate to the students being serviced.
3. Must be able to use the control and discipline techniques that are established for the classroom.
4. Must work cooperatively with the assigned teacher and other staff.
5. Must have the following education, training and experience
a. High school diploma.
b. One year of experience working with children.
c. Positive references and recommendations.
d. Criminal background check
Employment Type: Full Time