The Secretary I is responsible for providing administrative and related office services for the parish.
Reports to: Pastor Classification: Non-exempt H-3
· Supports administrative operations for the parish including communication to parishioners and the public, scheduling appointments, processing mail, record keeping, and other administrative duties to ensure proper operation of the parish.
· Schedules parish facilities and coordinates use of rooms, etc.
· Assists in coordination of parish staff activities and committees including scheduling meetings, and providing administrative support.
· Responsible for coordination of scheduling of weddings, funerals, and other events.
· May maintain a sacramental record keeping system recording weddings, baptisms, funerals and other sacramental events.
· Participates in supporting ministries, assisting in inviting, welcoming and registering new parishioners.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Active member of a Roman Catholic parish faith community preferred
· High school graduate or equivalent
· 1-2 years of administrative support experience
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
Other Job Requirements
· Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items.
· Entails periodic evening and weekend work.
Employment Type: Part Time