We are a locally owned and operated flooring, tile and stone contractor company currently seeking experienced Tile Setters and Tile Helpers! We are based on Maui but have current contracted work throughout the state. We specialize in providing excellent tile & stone work on custom home projects, hotel upgrades, tenant improvements, and commercial/industrial work. Our team is driven by dedicated team players who take pride in their skill and completing superb work!
- Install hard tiles, wood, and marble in homes, offices, and commercial spaces.
- Work with RME, Project Manager, and clients to determine the tile or marble pattern layout.
- Cut and shape the tiles to size, using several different tools, including tile scribes, wet saws, and handheld tile cutters.
- Forming tile beds using concrete, plaster, mastic, cement, glue or mortar utilizing tools.
- Aligning tiles and straigtening them with straightedges, levels, and squares to ensure patterns are even and precise.
- Cutting, installing, and polishing surface granite and marble.
- Preparing various surfaces for tiling with waterproofing material.
- Tapping tiles into place and making sure not to break or damage tiles.
- Following blueprints precisely and marking and measuring surfaces that need to be tiled.
- Install flooring fixtures using hand and machine tools.
- Physical fitness and stamina. Ability to carry heavy materials and ability to kneel down for long periods of time.
- Achievement/Effort -- Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Persistence -- Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Initiative -- Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Leadership -- Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Cooperation -- Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Concern for Others -- Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Social Orientation -- Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job.
- Self Control -- Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Stress Tolerance -- Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Adaptability/Flexibility -- Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Dependability -- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail -- Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Integrity -- Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Coordination -- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Negotiation -- Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Service Orientation -- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Time Management -- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships -- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others -- Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others -- Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
- Developing and Building Teams -- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Must exemplify Company Core Values -- OHANA -- O-'Ohana (Family), H-Ho'ihi (Respect), A-Alaka'i (Leadership), N-No'eau (Craftsmanship), A-Aloha (Compassion)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience setting tiles
- Knowledge of OSHA Safety Policies
- Carpentry and renovation experience a plus
- We offer competitive pay commensurate with experience.
- Basic Life, AD&D, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, and Supplemental Insurance
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Hawaii Life Flight
- Legal Assistance
- Employee Assistance
- Tuition Assistance
- Discounts at local and national retailers
Mahalo for your interest!
Employment Type: Full Time