Mana Up is looking for a Buyer to manage the purchasing of inventory for the House of Mana Up retail locations, online store and other sales channels, as well as the performance and development of product offerings.
About Mana Up
Mana Up is a Hawaiʻi economic development initiative to expand opportunity, entrepreneurship and jobs, designed for local brands.We help Hawaiʻi companies expand within Hawaiʻi and globally through a six-month accelerator and alumni program that curates workshops, executive mentorship, resources, sales opportunities, and a strong community of collaboration.
House of Mana Up is a retail experience that shines the spotlight on the unique stories of Hawai’i’s rising entrepreneurs and the premium brands they’ve built. We feature products from our local makers and artisans that represent their individual narratives. Many of the entrepreneurs featured at House of Mana Up have been recognized internationally for their products’ high quality or innovation.
A strong, local product economy provides a strong fabric to our community and can champion:
- Meaningful job opportunities for our next generation
- Diversification of the economy through exports based on ingredients and values that make our community unique
- Sustainable tourism by integrating visitors into the local market, linking them with our residents and companies.
- Community giveback and engagement from locally based businesses who know what our community needs most.
About the position
The Buyer will devise and execute the merchandising strategy for House of Mana Up, identify opportunities to maximize top-line sales and profitability to achieve financial targets, and lead key projects and business priorities while also contributing to the overall strategy.
Areas of responsibility:
- Develop the product strategy to drive sales and gross margin for retail and pop-up store locations
- Provide business with information and strategic direction to help maximize sales and profitability potential for both online and in store.
- Manage all product buying and planning
- Manage inventory performance and integrity
- Create merchandising and inventory systems and processes
- Manage invoicing and follow-up with vendor payments
- Train and support for the store associate team to ensure product offerings support sales
- Elevate opportunities regarding stock levels,pricing strategy, sell-through, event support, and high traffic/peak selling periods.
- Provide market expertise and feedback for the leadership team.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in merchandise management
- Proven track record in sales generation
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Proven ability to develop new opportunities and maintain partner relationships
- Proficiency in office software tools such as Google Business, Slack, Shopify or other systems.
- Flexibility to work in various roles based on business needs (i.e., on the sales floor, operations, etc.).
- Must have authorization to work in the United States.
Employment Type: Full Time