We are looking for an Assistant Store Manager to oversee our operations on Hawaiʻi Island, including the House of Mana Up retail location at the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel (primary role) and supporting other retail activities that House of Mana Up manages on the island.The ideal candidate will have experience in retail and knowledge of diverse business subjects such as sales, marketing, operations, and customer service. An effective Assistant Store Manager will also be able to manage and motivate associates.The goal is to manage our store in ways that creates sales growth and provides a productive and happy work environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversee store associates and store operations
- Interview, hire, and train new store associates
- Prepare daily reports for associates with daily projections
- Schedule and approve staff hours and breaks
- Motivate sales staff to deliver excellent customer service and meet sales goals
- Monitor inventory levels and order new products & supplies as required
- Provide regular assistance to customers and provide troubleshooting expertise as needed
- Answer phone calls and respond to store-related emails and other communications
- Ensure physical location is properly maintained
- Take ownership of store sales goals and provide expertise to help meet sales goals
- Collaborate with management to create and implement sales projects
- Preferred: knowledge of retail software (Shopify)
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- 1-3 years of proven and successful experience as a sales associate, with an emphasis on sales performance and training
- Leadership skills with an ability to connect positively with associates in a professional manner
- Ambition to learn and improve management skills
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift at least 40 lbs
This position reports to House of Mana Upʻs Retail Manager.
About Mana Up & House of Mana Up
House of Mana Up is a retail experience that shines the spotlight on the unique stories of Hawai’i’s rising entrepreneurs and the premium brands they’ve built. We feature products from our local makers and artisans that represent their individual narratives. Many of the entrepreneurs featured at House of Mana Up have been recognized internationally for their products’ high quality or innovation.Mana Up is a Hawaiʻi economic development initiative to expand opportunity, entrepreneurship and jobs, designed for local brands.We help Hawaiʻi companies expand within Hawaiʻi and globally through a six-month accelerator and alumni program that curates workshops, executive mentorship, resources, sales opportunities, and a strong community of collaboration.A strong, local product economy provides a strong fabric to our community and can champion:
- Meaningful job opportunities for our next generation
- Diversification of the economy through exports based on ingredients and values that make our community unique
- Sustainable tourism by integrating visitors into the local market, linking them with our residents and companies.
- Community giveback and engagement from locally based businesses who know what our community needs most.
Employment Type: Full Time