Job Title: Communications and Technology Specialist
Location: Wai`alae Elementary Public Charter School
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports To: CEO/Head of School
Wai`alae Elementary Public Charter School is dedicated to fostering innovative education for elementary students. We are seeking a passionate and experienced Communications and Technology Specialist to join our team. This individual will play a critical role in enhancing our educational technology landscape, ensuring equitable access for students, and maintaining effective communications channels.
Research, Analytics, Reporting and Planning:
- Conduct research on emerging technologies for elementary education and explore their potential applications in the classroom.
- Regularly analyze website and social media performance using tools like Google Analytics, social media insights, and other relevant platforms.
- Provide reports on key performance indicators and recommend improvements based on data analysis.
Curriculum and Instruction/Professional Development:
- Coordinate and lead professional development sessions for teachers on effective technology integration in the classroom, as assigned by the CEO/Head of School.
- Coordinate instructional use of technology devices to enhance learning outcomes.
- Complete beginning-of-year faculty rostering for technology subscription services for curricular platforms.
- Complete beginning-of-year student rostering for key educational platforms (iReady, DRA3, Google Workspace Accounts, Seesaw).
- Maintain rostering for faculty and students throughout the school year.
- Support teachers in meeting technology standards in education, such as the ISTE standards, through various methods, including direct instruction, modeling, team teaching, etc.
- Support and facilitate the implementation of ISTE standards, assist teachers in developing integration strategies, provide suggestions, and support teacher innovations, with regular communication via meetings and email.
Technology Infrastructure and Equipment:
- Coordinate and execute the distribution of hardware and software to ensure equitable access for both students and faculty.
- Collaborate with the administration to establish budgeting and resource allocation for instructional technology.
- Coordinate the procurement of hardware, software, and supplies for instructional purposes in accordance with the school technology plan.
- Coordinate and maintain school-wide technology subscriptions.
- Assist teachers with hardware and subscription-related issues as they arise.
- Provide options and opportunities for laser cutter instruction and certification.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Head of School - Operations to coordinate with the Department of Education's tech department for tech infrastructure matters.
- Maintain and update the company's website to ensure it is current, user-friendly, and visually appealing.
- Create and publish high-quality, engaging content, including blog posts, articles, and multimedia materials.
- Collaborate with the web development team to implement design changes and improvements as needed.
Social Media Management:
- Develop and execute social media strategies to grow and engage the company's online community.
- Create and curate compelling content for various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and others.
- Monitor and respond to comments, messages, and inquiries from followers.
- Generate written and visual content, including graphics, images, videos, and infographics, that align with the company's brand and message.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to produce content for promotions, events, and campaigns.
- Analyze website and social media metrics to track performance and optimize content accordingly.
- Encourage user-generated content and customer testimonials to build trust and community engagement.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications strategy that aligns with Wai`alae School’s mission, vision and values.
- Work closely with the Wai`alae Leadership Team to ensure consistent messaging and branding across all communication channels.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or Computer Science.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in technology and communications.
- Experience working with students, schools, or the education industry, demonstrating a strong understanding of the educational context.
Skills and Qualities:
- Strong communication and p
- resentation skills.
- Proficiency in educational technology tools and platforms.
- Ability to research and stay updated on emerging technologies.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Collaborative and able to work effectively with a diverse team.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot technology-related issues.
*Pay is dependant on experience and qualifications. *Range is just a sample
Employment Type: Full Time
Compensation: $41196.00 to $60000.00 / Salary