Compensation: Unpaid Internship
Type: Hybrid (remote & in-person) about 15 hours per week
We are seeking a motivated, resourceful, and creative student to join our team as a social media intern. You will work closely with the Project Manager and the Marketing Manager to craft and execute content that aligns with Mana Up’s brand, values, and mission. You will curate content for platforms including Facebook and Instagram. Applicants should have a strong level of experience with these channels, clear writing ability, a creative eye, organizational skills, and some experience with Canva.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Program Manager and Marketing Manager to create and implement campaigns
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis
- Monitor analytics to identify viable ideas
- Create engaging social media content for retail marketing campaigns including Mana Up’s subscription box program, new arrivals, Meet the Makers series, etc.
- Provide support to our Mana Up team (including capturing social media content) at live and online events like Mana Up’s annual Showcase event (November), Meet the Makers event series, etc.
- Responsible for managing engagement on Instagram and Facebook and responding to comments & messages on those platforms.
- Knowledge of Hawaiian culture, language, and arts.
- Familiarity with social media strategies and platforms
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to multitask and take initiative
- Hardworking and dedicated outlook
- Experience with content creation is a plus, even if not professionally
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding multitasking abilities
- Must have a passion for marketing
About Mana Up: Mana Up is a statewide initiative to build up and support our ecosystem of entrepreneurs in Hawaiʻi, providing them with resources and tools to scale globally. Many of the makers and artisans who participate in our program have been recognized internationally for their products and find their success in connection to home–from locally sourced ingredients to native culture, or an elevated sense of place and community. As these entrepreneurs continue to grow, they also help to sustain our local community through economic diversification, high-quality jobs, givebacks, investment, and a regenerative culture of entrepreneurship.
Employment Type: Intern