Mana Up is looking for a District Manager to operate and expand our retail initiative - House of Mana Up.
About Mana Up
Mana Up is a Hawaiʻi economic development initiative to expand opportunity, entrepreneurship and jobs, designed for local brands.We help Hawaiʻi companies expand within Hawaiʻi and globally through a six-month accelerator and alumni program that curates workshops, executive mentorship, resources, sales opportunities, and a strong community of collaboration.
House of Mana Up is a retail experience that shines the spotlight on the unique stories of Hawai’i’s rising entrepreneurs and the premium brands they’ve built. We feature products from our local makers and artisans that represent their individual narratives. Many of the entrepreneurs featured at House of Mana Up have been recognized internationally for their products’ high quality or innovation.
A strong, local product economy provides a strong fabric to our community and can champion:
- Meaningful job opportunities for our next generation
- Diversification of the economy through exports based on ingredients and values that make our community unique
- Sustainable tourism by integrating visitors into the local market, linking them with our residents and companies.
- Community giveback and engagement from locally based businesses who know what our community needs most.
House of Mana Up has retail locations at:
- Royal Hawaiian Center, Waikiki
- Prince Waikiki
- Mauna Kea Beach Hotel
- Mauna Loa Visitor Center
About the position
The District Manager will effectively lead, develop and support the sales and operations of House of Mana Up’s retail stores. We are looking for a strong and collaborative leader who builds a climate of service excellence and leads the team to deliver extraordinary customer experiences.
Areas of responsibility:
- Owns management and development of multiple assistant store managers and the store teams
- Sets clear expectations with managers on goals and provides coaching and feedback to achieve business results
- Conducts regular store visits to conduct business analysis ensuring safe environments for our associates and customers, uncovering opportunities in selling behaviors and marketing, and ensuring that brand standards are up to date in each location
- Analyzes the business through use of company reporting and develops action plans with each store team to improve results
- Creates an inclusive environment and delivering effective coaching and performance management
- Actively collaborates with cross-functional partners across the business as needed
- Finds ways to expand revenue, presence, and impact
- P&L Responsibility: will have P&L responsibility, ensuring the sales and profitability targets are met.
- Proven experience in leading multiple high-performance teams with a focus on delivering exceptional customer experiences, preferably in a retail environment
- Ability to lead multiple teams spread throughout a geographical market. Must have a valid driver's license.
- Passion for attracting, developing, and retaining diverse and skilled teams
- Proven ability to develop new opportunities and maintain partner relationships
- Proficiency in office software tools such as Google Business, Slack, Shopify or other systems.
- Schedule flexibility to work in various roles based on business needs (i.e., on the sales floor, operations, etc.).
- Must have authorization to work in the United States.
Employment Type: Full Time
Compensation: $60000.00 to $80000.00 / Salary