Duration: October - December 2023
Compensation: Unpaid Internship
Type: Remote (about 15 hours per week)
We are seeking a Copywriter Intern who will work closely with the Mana Up marketing team to create written content for our accelerator program and retail initiatives. They will be challenged to craft compelling and exciting content that shares the stories of our entrepreneurs and our greater company mission. Projects may include blogs, website narrative, email copy, social media captions, or writing for any other marketing channels that our company uses.
- Writing clear and error-free content for our website that reflects the company’s voice
- Proposing copy concepts in an engaging way and carrying out projects once they are approved
- Interpreting creative direction and technical information and turning them into persuasive copy concepts
- Collaborating with PR and marketing department to brainstorm and develop a variety of marketing materials
- Working with our team to edit and modify copy to meet their content expectations
- Writing text for our ads, email campaigns, social media posts, blog entries, and more
- Knowledge of Hawaiian culture, language, and arts.
- Familiarity with social media strategies and platforms
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to multitask and take initiative
- Hardworking and dedicated outlook
- Experience with content creation is a plus, even if not professionally
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding multitasking abilities
- Must have a passion for marketing
About Mana Up: Mana Up is a statewide initiative to build up and support our ecosystem of entrepreneurs in Hawaiʻi, providing them with resources and tools to scale globally. Many of the makers and artisans who participate in our program have been recognized internationally for their products and find their success in connection to home–from locally sourced ingredients to native culture, or an elevated sense of place and community. As these entrepreneurs continue to grow, they also help to sustain our local community through economic diversification, high-quality jobs, givebacks, investment, and a regenerative culture of entrepreneurship.
Employment Type: Intern
Remote Type: Fully Remote